I've invited you to fill out a form:
Thank you for your interest in referring your student for participation in gifted education services. This online form will begin the evaluation process. It is important to note that a referral does not guarantee that a student will be tested. Following the receipt of this referral, the school's gifted support teachers will collect data and present it to a Student Search Team. Based on the existing data, the team will determine if additional testing is warranted. After the Student Search Team meets, the school's Gifted Support Teachers will contact you with more information.
The gifted evaluation process is as follows:
1) Referral form is received by the school's Gifted Support Teacher (GST).
2) The GST collects data to review with the school-based Student Search Team.
3) The Student Search Team evaluates the referral form and data collected by the GST to determine if additional testing is warranted.
4) If testing is warranted, parental permission to test will be obtained and assessments will be administered in the areas of mental ability, achievement, motivation, and creativity.
5) Results of the assessments and all data collected will be reviewed for accuracy and proper procedures by an Eligibility Committee.
6) Within 30 days of the conclusion of the identification process, parents will be notified in writing of the Eligibility Committee's determination regarding gifted education services.
7) If the student is eligible for gifted education services, the GST will obtain parental permission to serve the student and provide information regarding the delivery of these services.