At Ola Middle School, it is our mission to provide rigorous academic instruction and to do whatever it takes to ensure that each student is afforded the opportunity to succeed.
This We Believe
At Ola Middle School, WE believe that every young adolescent…
- has the capacity to learn, grow, and develop into a knowledgeable, reflective, caring, ethical, and contributing citizen.
- must have access to the very best programs and practices a school can offer.
- must be engaged in learning that is relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
- thrives academically, socially, and emotionally in a democratic learning environment where trust and respect are paramount and where family and community are actively involved.
- faces significant life choices and needs support in making wise and healthy decisions.
- deserves educators who are prepared to work with this age group, who are themselves lifelong learners and committed to their own ongoing professional development and growth.
Therefore, we proudly dedicate ourselves to becoming the best middle level educators we can be and active advocates for all young adolescents.
This statement is based on This We Believe: Successful Schools for young adolescents, the position paper of the national Middle School Association