Ola community can be traced back to its religious roots at Sardis
Baptist Church (1823), Sharon Baptist Church (1824) and Mt.
Bethel Methodist organized in 1833. A farming community growing
fields of cotton, several general stores interspersed at various
crossroads, and feed/grain mills represented the Ola of long
ago. One-room schoolhouses met the early educational needs of
Ola School with two frame buildings was torn down and replaced
by the J.B. Henderson Elementary School in 1954. The "new"
school had four multi-grade classrooms. Several additional classrooms
were built over the next several decades.
August of 1999 the "new" Ola Elementary opened not
only with a new building, but with a newly renovated building
for kindergarten and first grade students. The school population
continues to grow yearly as it is located in one of the fastest
growing areas of Henry County.